Was it a cult leader or a world leader? Are you smart enough to know whether it was Charles Manson or Donald Trump who said these 10 quotes?
[Grab a pencil. Answer key after article]
1. “Believe me, if I started murdering people, there’d be none of you left.”
2. “There’s nothing wrong with being incompetent. It just means you don’t have to do as much.”
3. “I’m the king of this whole planet. I’m gonna rule this whole world.”
4. “I’m the pope. I’m ten times the pope. I’m sixty times the pope.”
5. “What the hell would I wanna go off and go to work for? Work for what? Money? I got all the money in the world. I’m the king, man. I run the underworld, guy. I decide who does what and where they do it at. What am I gonna run around like some teeny bopper somewhere for someone else’s money? I make the money man, I roll the nickels. The game is mine. I deal the cards.”
6. “Words are your words. You invented the words, and you made a dictionary and you gave me the dictionary and you said, ‘These are what the words mean.’ Well, this is what they mean to you, but to someone else, they have got a different dictionary.”
7. “They’re gonna take your courtrooms. They’re gonna take your money and they’re gonna take your country. They’re gonna take your resources.”
8. “You people would convict a grilled cheese sandwich of murder and the people wouldn’t question it.”
9. “You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody’s crazy.”
10. “I was so smart when I was a kid that I learnt that I was dumb fast.”
Answers 1-10: Charles Manson. Although all of these statements sound like something Donald Trump would say, they are all quotes from cult leader Charles Manson.